What We've Shipped: Docker Machine Driver, Moving Secondary Discs & More

We’re committed to making Bytemark Cloud the best choice for your cloud hosting needs. This means developing Bytemark Cloud with new features and enhancements based upon your feedback.

Since our last post back in September, we’ve added:
:dollar: The ability to use Service Credits on Dynamic Billing
:man_office_worker: Usability improvements to the Panel, making account management easier
:balance_scale: Improvements to our Simple Load Balancers to add ‘Sticky Sessions’
:robot: Docker Machine Driver support
:closed_lock_with_key: Support for long life API keys
:package: The ability to move secondary discs between VMs
:man_technologist: One Click Installs: Start a new VM with Wordpress, Nginx or other OSS software installed in one click.
:heavy_plus_sign: Behind the scenes improvements to increase performance and ensure reliability

These features will be rolling out to all customers within the next 2 weeks.

Read more about these improvements in our latest blog post below:

What about control of dns authority from within control panel?

Thanks @proberts2 - watch this space!

Not good enough; Bytemark have been promising this feature for a long time.
Why not demonstrate commitment by putting a date on the release of this badly needed feature?

What’s the timeline for control of dns authority from within control panel??

Thanks for the replies - we don’t commit to development timelines or dates, but DNS record changes are under active development.

I’d be interested to hear more about your feature request for larger secondary discs - could we schedule a call? My email is peter.white@bytemark.co.uk.

Discs are limited to 2Tb which by modern standards isn’t a lot of data to be honest.
I will need to split my backups across a couple of discs in the very near future or rent a storage monster at greater expense.

Thanks for the reply. You can create multiple 2TB discs and make into 1 backup volume using LVM:

Moving secondary discs is now available and documented below:
https://docs.bytemark.co.uk/article/moving-a-disc/

+1 for LVM.

Alternatively I’ve used btrfs with multiple disks that way in the future if I want to scale down the disk size I can add the smaller disks then mark the current bigger disks for removal, wait for the data to sync, and then I can remove them.