Non-web accessible data for a Symbiosis domain

Hi,

I want to put a set of python script on a Symbiosis server, and don’t want these accessible over the web.

Is there a standard location to put this sort of thing, or can I just create a directory under /srv/domain.name.tld and put it under there somewhere?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

There’s no standard location for private files, but you could create a /srv/domain.com/public/htdocs/secure directory and set the default permissions for new files to 0640 with setfacl -d -m o::--- /srv/domain.com/public/htdocs/secure. As long as www-data (Apache) can’t read it, it won’t be accessible over the web.

Alternatively, you could just have a /srv/domain.com/secure directory which Apache wouldn’t see to begin with (unless you modified the DocumentRoot in the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/domain.com.conf vhost file).

There’s a few options available and the best choice will depend on your individual server setup I think. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Yeah, I was already considering just creating a directory directly under /srv/domain.com, but wasn’t sure if there was a ‘correct’ way of doing it. I’ll do that for now…

Thanks

Andy