Nightly Output

I’m receiving the output below from one of my SymJess vms. Strange because it’s just from the one machine. Whilst I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about how do I fix the issue below:

Unattended upgrade returned: None

Packages that attempted to upgrade:

Packages with upgradable origin but kept back:

spamassassin

Unattended-upgrades log:

Initial blacklisted packages:

Initial whitelisted packages:

Starting unattended upgrades script

Allowed origins are: [‘origin=Debian,codename=jessie,label=Debian-Security’, ‘o=Bytemark Hosting’, ‘o=Debian,n=jessie’, ‘o=Debian,n=jessie-updates’, ‘o=Debian,n=jessie-lts’, ‘o=Debian,n=jessie,l=Debian-Security’]

Package ‘spamassassin’ has conffile prompt and needs to be upgraded manually package ‘spamassassin’ not upgraded Packages that will be upgraded:

Hi Peter, As it hints at the bottom, you need to manually upgrade the packages so it can ask what you want to do about the configuration file that you’ve edited that the new version of the package has also edited. Probably sudo -i apt-get dist-upgrade -u, though I don’t use Symbiosis. Cheers, Ralph.

Understood and that would be the case with vanilla Debian but this is Sym Jessie.

Historically symbiosis takes care of issues in the background hence the reason I’ve
raised the question.

I’m stalling on a manual update incase I break Sym Jessie.
Rgds Pete

Hi

I had this come up and answered the spamassassin query as part of a manual update. Certainly no breakages of any packages occurred :wink:

Thanks All. As you correctly pointed out the resolution was to manually update Spamassassin whilst keeping the currently installed config file.

Configuration file ‘/etc/spamassassin/local.cf’
==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
What would you like to do about it ? Your options are:
Y or I : install the package maintainer’s version
N or O : keep your currently-installed version
D : show the differences between the versions
Z : start a shell to examine the situation
The default action is to keep your current version.
*** local.cf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?

The vital detail was to avoid updating the config file!